Cusco city tour, half day: Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay.-
Cusco city tour, half day price:
1) Group service (van of 21 seats, and a tour guide): US$ 8 or 30 soles each person. Which is about a tour guide, and transport.
2) Private service (private transport, and a private tour guide): Which is about a private tour guide, and private transport.
– US$ 60 for one person.
– US$ 30 each person from 2 to 3 people.
– US$ 25 each person from 4 to 6 people (for a bigger group email us).
Price of tickets: US$ 4 (15 soles) for Qoricancha, and US$ 19 (70 soles) for the other 4 sites like Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay.
Meeting point for the tour: “By KFC Cusco” located in between “Mc Donald’s and the Cathedral of the City”, Plaza de Armas (Main Square) 10 minutes earlier of your choosen schedule.
Availablity: Every day, you can book even an hour earlier of departure time (much faster via WhatsApp).
How to pay it? We will collect the payment at your departure time in cash, otherwise using a credit card but 6% more due to bank’s fee.
Cusco city tour, half day itinerary:
You could choose these three schedules for the group service in a van of 21 seats:
– 9:00 group service: You will visit the 5 sites like Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay.
– 10:00 am group service: You will only visit 4 sites like Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay.
– 1:00 pm group: You will visit the 5 sites like Qoricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay.
– 2:00 pm group: You will visit only 4 sites like Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay.
1.- Qoricancha: You will walk 10 minutes from Plaza de Armas of Cusco city (Main square), Cusco downtown to Qoricancha (the golden block, and the Sun temple) to explore inside “the most perfect” inca’s stone walls fitted together which were temples, also seeing canvas of Spanish style about unique events like “the capturing of Atahualpa” who was the twelveth Inca ruler captured by the lider of conquistadors Francisco Pizarro, also a depiction of a “Spanish soldier whipping to Jesus Christ during cricifixion” for instance in Santo Domingo convent, this unique inca’s temple nowadays belong to the Catholic Dominican Order.
2.- Sacsayhuaman: You will take a van for 15 minutes driving to Sacsayhuaman, which means “where the falcon got satieted”, actually over there took place the battle of Manco Inca, a puppet Inca ruler named after the execution of Atahuallpa, and the Spanish conquistadors. The Inca army was defeated, so there were many death people around who were eaten by “falcons up to they got satieted” actually the meaning of the site’s name.
You will spend 45 minutes walking by astonishing three walls of gigantic stones fitted togheter from 20 up to 120 tons, you will also try to get a panoramic view of Cusco city.
3.- Qenqo: Five more minutes driving to Qenqo, a stones outcrop area, which was a religious place or “huaca” for the incas, over here in a natural cave used to lay the mummy of the Inca ruler Pachacutec for instance, the ninth and expander on the Inca land.
4.- Puca Pucara: Another 15 minutes driving to Puca Pucara, an Inca fortress built to protect the entrance to Cusco town, also an impresive view of the valley below.
5.- Tambomachay: So a couple minutes driving to Tambomachay, a group of “holy water fountains” used ritually by the nobility of the Inca society, impressive stone walls, sacred big niches where they placed probably mummies, idols, etc. also the incas performed rituals, and offerings in name of water. You will have enough time to explore at every site.
What do you need to take with you?
– 15 soles (US$ 4) for the entrance fee of Qoricancha (Sun temple).
– 70 soles (US$ 19) for the partial tourist ticket of one day pass, which allows you to visit only Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, and Tambomachay.
– Otherwise you can buy the whole tourist ticket of 130 soles (US$ 35) of 10 days pass, which allows you to visit 16 sites in Cusco province like Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Puca Pucara, Tambomachay, Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Moray, Chinchero, Tipon, Pikillacta, the Pachacutec monument, the “Centro Qosqo de Arte Nativo” meaning “Cusco’s center of native art”, Qoricancha museum (still closed due to pandemic), Art Popular museum, Contemporary Art museum, Regional Historic museum, so also valid for other day tours like Sacred Valley tour, 1 day; Sacred Valley, Salt mines, Moray tour, 1 day; Salt mines, Moray tour, 1 day; Cusco South Valley tour, 1 day; etc. You can buy this both tickets at any inca site you firts go.
– Bottled water, snacks, sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, a beanie, warm gloves, rain poncho or jacket during rainy season from October through middle April.
– Clothing, temperatures could varies from 5 °C to 28 °C.