Machu Picchu by car, 2 days.-
Machu Picchu by car, 2 days price:
1) Group service buying once you were already in Cusco city (van of 21 seats): US$ 105.
2) Group service, price booking in advance, highly recommended to get the Machu Picchu tickets (van of 21 seats): US$ 110 (regular price + 8% of PayPal fee).
Important: For booking in advance, which is very recommended! We need a prepayment of US$$ 60 via PayPal in advance (once you have filled out the form bellow, we will send you our PayPal account) to buy your Machu Picchu ticket in advance.
Once you have done the prepayment, we will send you a code regarding your ticket for printing online in no more than 72 hours.
The remaining payment will be done in Cusco city a night before your leaving from Cusco city.
Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu mountain costs an extra: US$ 60 – payment in advance via PayPal.
Discount for students only having a ” valid university student card” until 25 years old: US$ 20.
The “most economic option” to get to Machu Picchu citadel.
Machu Picchu by car, 2 days - 1 night itinerary:
Day 1.- Cusco city – Ollantaytambo – Hydroelectric – Aguas Calientes town: We will pick you up from your accommodation at 6:00 am because the minibus leaves at 6:30 am from Cusco downtown driving 2 hours to Ollantaytambo town for breakfast not included in the service ($8 or 30 soles), afterwards it takes 4 more hours driving to Hydroelectric train station for lunch getting over there by 1:00 pm, after having lunch you have to walk 10 flat more km along the train rail about 2 hours, and a half to Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu town) where a transfer will wait for you actually by the Inca statue in the “Main Square of Machu Picchu town” to take you to the hostel, where you will be accommodate in rooms of 2, 3 or 4 people with a private bathroom.
Notice: The driver will be in charge of you driving from Cusco to Hydroelectric. After having lunch you will walk on your own following the train rail to Machu Picchu town, where a transfer will wait for you to take you to the hostel.
You still have to meet the tour guide for Machu Picchu at dinner time at 7:00 pm or 8:00 pm to explain you about the visiting to Machu Picchu in the next day.
Day 2.- Machu Picchu town – Machu Picchu citadel – Hydroelectric – Cusco city: On day two you have to wake up very early at 4:00 am to have breakfast at 4:15 am the latest in the accommodation or in the restaurant to start walking at 4:30 am, it takes 30 minutes flat to the bridge at the bottom of Machu Picchu area where you must show your original passport, and your entrance ticket to continue walking up to Machu Picchu citadel.
After this check point, there is a path on the right side of the bridge to walk up for one hour to Machu Picchu check point where the tour guide will be waiting for you, so the guided tour takes “only” 3 hours along the mos important sites in due to regulations to preserve it, just one way in, and out.
Notice: You will walk on your own from Machu Picchu town to Machu Picchu citadel.
If you want to go to Huayna Picchu mountain you need 2 more hours, and for the Machu Picchu mountain 4 more hours.
Make sure about leaving from Machu Picchu site no later than 12:00 pm or much better by 11:00 am, because you still have to walk 3 more hours back to Hydrolelectric train station to take the bus back to Cusco, so you have two schedules to leave from Hydroelectric at 2:00 pm, or 3:00 pm, you will be in Cusco by 9:30 pm.
What is included?
– Transport by van round trip from Cusco city to Hydroelectric train station.
– Lunch at Hydroelectric train station.
– Dinner at Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu town).
– Hostel at Aguas Calientes town ( Machu Picchu town).
– Machu Picchu ticket.
– Tour guide at Machu Picchu citadel.
– PayPal fee 8%.
What do you need to take with you?
– Original passport for the check point at Machu Picchu citadel.
– Original University student card if it is required.
– Light clothing, Machu Picchu is at 2450 masl.
– Toiletries (soap, and towel are provided at hostel).
– Snacks, bottled water (2 liters each day).
– Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat.
– Insect repellent, there are mosquitoes around Machu Picchu area.