Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour, 2 days - 1 night.-
Sacred valley, Machu Picchu tour, 2 days price: US$ 340 each person.
Important: We need a prepayment of US$$ 200 via PayPal in advance (once you have filled out the form bellow, we will send you our PayPal account) to buy your train tickets, and Machu Picchu ticket in advance.
Once you have done the prepayment, we will send you a code regarding your Machu Picchu ticket for printing online in no more than 72 hours.
The remaining payment will be done in Cusco city a night before your leaving from Cusco city.
– Huayna Picchu mountain or Machu Picchu mountain costs an extra: US$ 60 – payment in advance via PayPal.
– Discount for students only having a ” valid university student card” until 25 years old: US$ 20.
If you do not want to hike the 2 hours uphill to Rainbow mountain or the Humantay lake, you still have another option walking only 30 minutes to see three “Rainbow mountains” along the Palccoyo valley in the Palccoyo mountain tour.
Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu tour, 2 days itinerary:
Day 1: Chinchero - Salt mines - Moray - Sacred Valley - Ollantaytambo.-
You will be pick up at 6:40 am so the bus leaves at 7:00 am from Cusco city along the very highlands of Cusco to Chinchero located at 3800 masl where you will see gigantic stones fitted together, and a church built on a Inca temple, afterwards you will head to the salt mines of Maras, which is comprised of 3000 “dirt pits” where the Andean communtity still extracts salt since pre inca-time.
The next spot next spot will be the terraces of Moray which was an Inca “farming laboratory” used to acclimatize and improve Andean crops.
You still take the bus for an hour, and half to Urubamba town for lunch, so after lunch 45 more minutes by bus to Ollantaytambo town, which is about gigantic stones fitted together by the Sun temple, farming terraces, Inca houses, etc.
This town seems to be the “Second living Inca town after Cusco downtown, a mixed of Inca stone walls, and Spanish style houses”, afterwards you will stay in Ollantaytambo town until 6:30 pm because the train leaves at 7:00 pm from Ollantaytambo town to Aguas Calientes town.
The transfer will wait for you at Aguas Calientes town to take you to the hostel in Aguas Calientes.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes town - Machu Picchu citadel - Ollantaytambo - Cusco city.-
The tour guide will pick you up from your accommodation at 5:00 am to go by bus from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel at 5:30 am taking 30 minutes driving up.
Machu Picchu site is open at 6:00 am so during the tour you will pass by important Machu Picchu sites for 3 hours accompanied by an official tour guide in a group of 12 people maximum, nowadays is not allowed to stay longer due to regulation to preserve the Inca site, afterwards you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes town where you will be able to go to the hot springs located just 10 minutes away.
You have to go to the train station 30 minutes before the departure time, which is at 2:55 pm taking an hour, and 45 minutes to Ollantaytambo town by train, where a bus will take you back to Cusco city for another an hour, and 45 minutes to arrive at 7:00 pm.
What is included?
– Tour guide.
– Transport, a minibus of 21 people.
– Ticket for 4 sites (Chinchero, Salt mines, Moray, and Ollantaytambo).
– A buffet lunch in Urubamba.
– Train service from Ollantaytambo town to Aguas Calientes town (Machu Picchu town).
– A regular hostel in Aguas Calientes, a single room with a private bathroom.
– Bus service round trip from Aguas Calientes town to Machu Picchu citadel.
– Machu Picchu ticket.
– Tour guide for Machu Picchu citadel.
– Train service from Aguas Calientes town to Ollantaytambo town.
– Bus service from Ollantaytambo town to Cusco city.
What do you need to take with you?
– Original passport for the check point at Machu Picchu citadel.
– Original University student card, if it is required.
– Light clothing, Machu Picchu is at 2450 masl.
– Toiletries ( but soap, towel are provided at hostel).
– Snacks, bottled water (2 liters each day).
– Sunscreen, sunglasses, a hat.
– Insect repellent, there are mosquitoes around Machu Picchu area.
– Extra money for expenses on the way.